January 2024 Reads

 JANUARY 2024 READS





Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan



5/5 Stars
2/5 Spice Level

How did I sleep on this book for so long?  I had seen it everywhere...BookTok, Walmart shelves, FB posts, etc and still thought that it would be too young for me.  Boy was I wrong!  I demolished this book in less than two days.  Granted it was a holiday weekend but I couldn't put it down.  Mia's writing sucks you in.  The story will make you cry but it does have a happy ending.  And once you read Archer's story, you have to read Travis' story as well. 



Maggie Moves On by Lucy Score



3.5/5 Stars
3/5 Spice Level

I have struggled with this one.  I love Lucy's writing usually.  I bought this book off Book Outlet in the fall of last year and have picked it up stopped it about 3 times.  Don't get me wrong, the story is cute.  And Lucy always creates MMC that you fall in love with. However, even though many people claim that this is one of their fave Lucy books, it just wasn't one of mine.  I am glad I read it, just won't be one I keep on my shelves.  Those who love DIY projects and home renovations will may love it as Maggie, the FMC is a YouTube star doing home renovations.



Before You Knew My Name by Jacqueline Bublitz



3/5 Stars
0/5 Spice

They tell you that you never judge a book by it's cover but this one drew me in.  It is stunning.  I can't say anything bad about this book.  It was a solid novel.  Different from most books I have ever read.  I will say that you keep reading so that you know what happens in the end.  A good book for those that like a good mystery. 




Too Hot To Handle by Tessa Bailey (Book 1 of Romancing The Clarksons)



4/5 Stars
3.5/5 Spice

I have a on/off again relationship with Tessa Bailey.  I will love a couple of her books, then thoroughly dislike one or two of her books. I took a chance with this series when I found it for a super good price on Book Outlet. I am so glad I took that leap. They are so good!  This series is about a set of four siblings that set off on a cross country road trip to fulfill their mother's last wish.  While each one can be read as a stand alone, it's best to start from the beginning and work to the end. Tessa definitely can get your blood boiling with her dirty mouth, so be warned!



Too Wild To Tame by Tessa Bailey (Book 2 of Romancing The Clarksons)



4/5 Stars
3.5/5 Spice

Book two of this series was cute.  Great writing.  Great storyline. And of course great spice. 




Too Hard To Forget by Tessa Bailey (Book 3 of Romancing The Clarksons)



4.5/5 Stars
4/5 Spice

Wow.  This was definitely my favorite of the series.  While not the spiciest book I have ever read, it was dang good.  I loved the secondary storyline.  




Too Beautiful To Break by Tessa Bailey (Book 4 of Romancing The Clarksons)



3.5/5 Stars
3.5/5 Spice

My least favorite of the series. I felt it was a bit juvenile with the writing.  The secondary storyline wasn't at all believable and Belmont had been my least favorite of the Clarkson siblings the whole time.  I stuck with it because I wanted to see how the series ended for all the siblings.  It did end with HEA for all.  






Travis by Mia Sheridan



4/5 Stars
3/5 Spice

While the sequel to Archer's Voice didn't wow me as much as the first, it was well worth the read.  Mia has a way of weaving a story that just keeps you enthralled.  In the first book I loathed Travis until the end.  This book I fell slowly in love with him, started hating him again, then fell back in love with him.  A great book to finish the month off with.  





I definitely didn't start 2024 off as strong as I did 2023 with my reading.  That polar weather kept this girl busy and too worn out to read.  I have set my goal at 75 books this year instead of 50 and know I will be able to hit it.  I have a large TBR pile of physical books and an endless pile of TBR on my Kinde.  

Happy Reading everyone!

JJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It All Started With A One Legged Chicken...

Mental Health Awareness Month

The Chicken With The Velociraptor Claw