February 2024 Reads

The Exception To The Rule by Christina Lauren

Review- 3.5/5 Stars
Spice Level 0/5
Cute novella. I sometimes struggle with Christina Lauren’s writing but since this one was short and sweet I had no issues with it. 

Worst Wingman Ever by Abby Jimenez

Review- 4/5
Spice Level- 0/5
This was a super fun, quick read. I have tried to read Abby’s work before and I am not a big fan. In fact, she was the only book I DNF last year. However, I am the minority of thinkers on that. 

Rosie And The Dreamboat by Sally Thorne

Review- 5/5
Spice Level- 0/5
Ok…two things: 1-I actually listened to this one on audio and laughed my butt off. 2- The Hating Game is one of my favorite movies. I even own the book (by Sally Thorne) but haven’t read it yet. This novella was adorable. I am adding The Hating Game to my TBR because if it’s as cute and funny as this was, it will be worth it!

Drop, Cover, And Hold On by Jasmine Guillory

Review- 3/5
Spice Level- 0/5
Just so so. Honestly a pretty forgettable novella.

With Any Luck by Ashley Poston

Review- 4/5
Spice Level- 0/5
Fun little read…even if it was very predictable. 


Royal Valentine by Sariah Wilson 

Review-3/5
Spice-0/5
This was fun because it tied in with some of the other novellas but was not a so-so read for me. Was the longest in this series and a little boring. Gave Roman Holiday vibes.

The Teacher by Freida McFadden

Review- 5/5
Spice-0.5/5
Holy hell. What did I read. Freida is the queen of plot twists. She really made you wait for this one though. Literally until the epilogue. I sat staring at the book for a good five minutes in shock. You will need to check Trigger Warnings because it is a sensitive subject. 


Pyramidia by Stephanie Sanders-Jacob

Review-4/5
Spice-0/5
Ya’ll…I saw a recommendation for this book on an anti-MLM page, and it is spot on. I laughed so hard in places because the author hit on every tactic that MLM sales people use. It’s technically considered a horror story but it wasn’t scary at all.  I gobbled this book up in two days. I am very anti MLM/pyramid scheme, and I highly recommend for anyone that is also against them.  It is on KU.


A Friend In The Dark by Samantha M Bailey

Review- 3/5
Spice- 1/5
Picked this one up as my Prime First Read of February and I’m not too disappointed. Solid thriller that keeps you guessing. Also shows you the danger of social media and that you can’t be 100% sure who you are talking to.

Mr. Fixer Upper by Lucy Score

Review- 4/5
Spice-3.5/5
Love Lucy! I’ve had this book on my shelf since before Christmas and I’m sad I didn’t read it sooner. Very cute. If you like home remodeling shows and rom coms this one is for you. 

The Invisible Life Of Addie LaRue by VE Schwab

Review- 5/5
Spice- 0.5/5
Go get this book. Run. Don’t walk. Just go. The author spins a story that will engross you from page one. The imagery is fantastic. I wanted the book to end so I knew what happened but I didn’t want the book to end because I loved reading about Addie’s life. It is a long book but I could not put it down. I ended up reading until 1:30am to finish it. So far it is my top read of 2024. 

I have a huge pile of TBR that keeps growing because I have a book problem. There are worse problems to have. March started out slow due to nice weather, baby chicks, and birthday festivities. 

Happy Reading!
XOXO
JJ


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It All Started With A One Legged Chicken...

Mental Health Awareness Month

The Chicken With The Velociraptor Claw